Prof. Samuel Fankhauser
Sam joined the Grantham Research Institute in 2008 as a Principal Research Fellow. He also holds the following positions:
- Deputy Director of the Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy;
- Member of the Committee on Climate Change, an independent, statutory body that advises the UK government on carbon targets;
- Member of the Editorial Board of the journal Global Environmental Change.
Before joining the Grantham Research Institute, Sam served as Deputy Chief Economist at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD). He has also worked at the World Bank, the Global Environment Facility and in the private sector.
Sam has studied economics at the University of Berne (Switzerland), the London School of Economics and University College London.
- The economics of adaptation to climate change;
- Climate finance and the functioning of carbon markets;
- Climate change policy in the UK.