- Finance, Investment and Insurance
- Governance and Legislation
- Growth and Innovation
- Sustainable Development
Prof. Sam Fankhauser
Sam was previously Co-Director of the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment from March 2011 until August 2017, along with Prof Simon Dietz.
Sam joined the Grantham Research Institute in 2008 as a Principal Research Fellow. He also holds the following positions:
- Deputy Director of the Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy;
- Non-Executive Director of CDC Group, the UK’s Development Finance Institution;
- Member of Climate Strategies;
- Member of the Editorial Board of the journals Global Environmental Change , Climate Policy and Global Sustainability.
Before joining the Grantham Research Institute, Sam served as Deputy Chief Economist at the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD). He has also worked at the World Bank, the Global Environment Facility and in the private sector. From 2008 to 2016 he was a member of the UK Committee on Climate Change.
Sam has studied economics at the University of Berne (Switzerland), the London School of Economics and University College London.
- The economics of adaptation to climate change;
- Climate finance and the functioning of carbon markets;
- Climate change policy in the UK.