Explainers: Climate change science
The evidence for climate change, the role of natural factors, and the contribution of humans to global temperature rise.
These Explainers have been produced jointly by us – the Grantham Research Institute at LSE, and the Grantham Institute at Imperial College London. The Explainers are hosted on both websites.
- What is water security and how is it impacted by climate change?
- What is the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)?
- What role do the oceans play in regulating the climate and supporting life on Earth?
- How is climate change affecting the oceans and what are the impacts for people?
- What are nature-based solutions to climate change?
- How do we know global temperatures are rising?
- How have humans caused global temperatures to rise?
- How do natural factors influence the climate? Can they explain climate change?
- What determines how sensitive the planet’s surface temperature is to increasing greenhouse gases?
- This is not the first time the climate has changed. How do we know we’re not just in a natural cycle between Ice Ages?