Explainers: Climate change policies
What governments, policymakers and business can do to tackle climate change and its impacts.
These Explainers have been produced jointly by us – the Grantham Research Institute at LSE, and the Grantham Institute at Imperial College London. The Explainers are hosted on both websites.
- Why is ‘net-zero’ so important in the fight against climate change?
- How important is onshore wind energy to the UK?
- How much will it cost to cut global greenhouse gas emissions?
- Which is better: carbon tax or cap-and-trade?
- Do renewable energy technologies need government subsidies?
- What is the role of deforestation in climate change and how can ‘Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation’ (REDD+) help?
- To what extent could planting trees help solve climate change?
- Will acting on climate change cause difficulties for some communities and industries as the economy changes?
- Does tackling climate change prevent the reduction of poverty?
- Do we have an ethical obligation to stop climate change?