Explainers: Energy and climate change
Policy measures and technological solutions that can help reduce carbon emissions from energy generation and use.
- What technology do we need to cut carbon emissions?
- Why is net zero so important in the fight against climate change?
- How important is hydrogen to climate action and what are countries doing about it?
- What is shale gas, how is it extracted through fracking and what are fracking’s impacts?
- How important is offshore wind energy to the UK?
- What are gas prices in the UK and how do they affect bills?
- What is ‘decarbonisation’ of the power sector? Why do we need to decarbonise the power sector in the UK?
- Why are household energy efficiency measures important for tackling climate change?
- How much shale gas is there in the UK and what is the status of fracking?
- Do renewable energy technologies need government subsidies?