Explainers: Energy and climate change
Policy measures and technological solutions that can help reduce carbon emissions from energy generation and use.
- What is deep-sea mining and how is it connected to the net zero transition?
- What opportunities and risks does AI present for climate action?
- How much do renewables contribute to the UK’s energy mix and what policies support their expansion?
- What is tidal stream energy?
- How does climate change impact on international trade?
- What are ‘critical minerals’ and what is their significance for climate change action?
- What technology do we need to cut carbon emissions?
- Why is net zero so important in the fight against climate change?
- How important is hydrogen to climate action and what are countries doing about it?
- What is shale gas, how is it extracted through fracking and what are fracking’s impacts?