These explainers focus on policies and practices that can help reduce emissions from the use of energy.
- How much shale gas is there in the UK and what is the status of fracking?
- How important is offshore wind energy to the UK?
- How important is onshore wind energy to the UK?
- What is "decarbonisation" of the power sector? Why do we need to decarbonise the power sector in the UK?
- Why are household energy efficiency measures important for tackling climate change?
- Do renewable energy technologies need government subsidies?
- What is the polluter pays principle?
- What is shale gas, how is it extracted through fracking and what are fracking's impacts?
- What is the role of nuclear power in the energy mix and in reducing greenhouse gas emissions?
- What are the pros and cons of onshore wind energy?