Explainers: Climate change economics
These explainers cover key economic issues and concepts related to climate change and the environment.
- How do emissions trading systems work?
- What is a carbon price and why do we need one?
- Do renewable energy technologies need government subsidies?
- What is the polluter pays principle?
- How much will it cost to cut global greenhouse gas emissions?
- What are social discount rates?
- Why does climate change get described as a stock-flow problem?
- What is climate finance?
- What are stranded assets?
- What are gas prices in the UK and how do they affect bills?