Explainers: Climate and the economy
The economic measures that can be taken to tackle climate change and the cost and benefits involved in implementing them.
- What is the UK’s Climate Change Risk Assessment (CCRA)?
- Can we have economic growth and tackle climate change at the same time?
- What are gas prices in the UK and how do they affect bills?
- How much will it cost to cut global greenhouse gas emissions?
- What is a carbon price and why do we need one?
- What are stranded assets?
- How do emissions trading systems work?
- What is the polluter pays principle?
- What are social discount rates?
- Do renewable energy technologies need government subsidies?