Explainers: International action on climate change
How international cooperation, agreements and forums are helping to tackle climate change and promote sustainable development.
These Explainers have been produced jointly by us – the Grantham Research Institute at LSE, and the Grantham Institute at Imperial College London. The Explainers are hosted on both websites.
- What is deep-sea mining and how is it connected to the net zero transition?
- What opportunities and risks does AI present for climate action?
- What is ‘non-economic’ loss and damage (NELD)?
- How does trade contribute to climate change and how can it advance climate action?
- How do climate policy and carbon border adjustments affect international trade?
- What are ‘critical minerals’ and what is their significance for climate change action?
- What is blue finance?
- What is the blue economy?
- What is the Stern Review?
- What is the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)?