Explainers: International action on climate change
How international cooperation, agreements and forums are helping to tackle climate change and promote sustainable development.
These Explainers have been produced jointly by us – the Grantham Research Institute at LSE, and the Grantham Institute at Imperial College London. The Explainers are hosted on both websites.
- Why is it so urgent that we act on climate change now?
- What is the Paris Agreement?
- What is COP26?
- What is the state of international climate talks?
- How do we meet the Paris Agreement temperature goal?
- Why is ‘net-zero’ so important in the fight against climate change?
- Why do we talk about ‘net-zero’ instead of just ‘zero’ emissions, and what are negative emissions?
- What are the Sustainable Development Goals (SDGs)?
- What is climate change ‘Loss and Damage’?
- What is climate change adaptation?