- Future generations and social justice
- International environmental negotiations
- Modelling and decision making
- Private sector adaptation, risk and insurance
Dr Simon Dietz
Simon has worked at LSE since 2006, and joined the Grantham Research Institute upon its launch in 2008.
Simon also holds the following positions:
- Director of the Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy;
- Associate Professor at the Department of Geography and Environment at LSE;
- Member of the Editorial Board of the Journal of Environmental Economics and Management.
Previously, Simon worked at the UK Treasury, as an economic adviser on the ‘The Stern Review on the Economics of Climate Change’.
Simon holds a starred first class honours degree in Environmental Science from the University of East Anglia, and Masters and PhD degrees from LSE, specialising in environmental policy and economics.
- Decision-making under uncertainty;
- Questions of equity/social justice within and between generations;
- The links between economic growth and the environment;
- International environmental agreements.
Prospective PhD students
Simon welcomes enquiries from prospective PhD students with shared interests and a strong background in economics or related disciplines.