Email Robert Falkner
Robert is also:
- Associate Professor in International Relations at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE);
- Academic Director of the TRIUM Global Executive MBA programme
- Associate Fellow of the Energy, Environment and Resources Programme at Chatham House;
- Member of the editorial board for the journals ‘Global Environmental Politics’, ‘Global Policy’ and ‘Energy Research and Social Science’
Robert received an MA in Politics and Diplom-Volkswirt (MSc Economics) from Munich University and gained a DPhil in International Relations from Oxford University (Nuffield College). He has published widely on topics relating to global environmental politics and climate policy, among others. His most recent books are The Handbook of Global Climate and Environment Policy (Wiley-Blackwell, 2013) and Business Power and Conflict in International Environmental Politics (Palgrave Macmillan, 2008).
In 2006-07, he was a visiting scholar at Harvard University. Before joining LSE, Robert held academic positions at the universities of Oxford, Kent and Essex.
Robert has expansive experience of executive education and has undertaken consultancy and advisory work for private and public sector organisations, including the Department for International Development (UK), European Commission,European Environment Agency and the Federal Ministry of Education and Research (Germany).
- International political economy;
- Global environmental politics;
- International climate policy;
- Multinational corporations;
- Risk regulation;
- Global governance.