Email Declan Conway
Professorial Research Fellow
Declan Conway joined the Grantham Research Institute as a Professorial Research Fellow on the 28th October 2013.
Declan’s research cuts across water, climate and society, with a strong focus on adaptation and international development. Originally a geographer, Declan draws on insights from different disciplines to pursue problem focused research. He has over 20 years experience working in sub-Saharan Africa and Asia (particularly China). Declan’s research funding has included the EU, UK departments DFID, Defra and DECC, UK NERC and ESRC, US NSF and the World Bank.
- Chair of the Programme Executive Board of UPGro; Unlocking the Potential for Groundwater in sub-Saharan Africa
- Co-editor in Chief of Global Environmental Change
- Member International Programme Advisory Committee NERC-ESRC-DFID ESPA Ecosystem Services for Poverty Alleviation
- Programme Lead of the Adaptation and Resources Group in GRI
- Water security and climate change
- Adaptation and development
- Water-energy-food Nexus
- China and climate change
- Nile Basin and climate change
Declan welcomes enquiries from prospective PhD students and can be contacted with ideas related to any of the above areas. He is particularly interested in novel/unusual ideas that cut across disciplines.