Dr Luca Taschini
Luca is an economist, working at the intersection of environmental economics, energy markets, and industrial organisation. His current research projects include work on market-based instruments and climate finance.
Luca completed his formal training in economics in Italy. He holds a PhD in Economics from the University of Zurich. He is also an alumnus of the Joint Program on the Science and Policy of Global Change (MIT) and is a visiting scholar at the Research Center for Sustainability Science, Ritsumeikan University in Japan.
- Permits market design, price manipulation and participation restrictions;
- System linking and networking;
- Investment decisions under uncertainty;
- Energy economics;
- Real options;
- Experimental markets for emission permits.
Prospective PhD students
Luca welcomes enquiries from prospective PhD students with shared interests, and strong backgrounds in economics and statistics.
– Visit the ‘Study with us’ page for further information on applying to be a PhD student with us.