Science and impacts of climate change
In this research area we work to expand our knowledge of how climate change will affect people and the environment, and the strengths and weaknesses of how we know it. Our current research includes understanding climate uncertainty and the epistemic foundations of climate information, developing empirical risk assessments, improving climate-economic models and using mathematical insights from non-linear dynamical systems and stochastic processes to guide the design of modelling experiments.
- What is biodiversity and why does it matter?
- What are the extent and causes of biodiversity loss?
- What is the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change (IPCC)?
- What role do the oceans play in regulating the climate and supporting life on Earth?
- How is climate change affecting the oceans and what are the impacts for people?
- How is climate change affecting coastal flooding in the UK?
- What is geoengineering and how could it help tackle climate change?
- How does climate change impact health?
- How is climate change affecting river and surface water flooding in the UK?