Katarzyna Szwarc is a Policy Fellow in the LSE Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment where she focuses on various policy aspects of sustainable finance and just transition, in the UK and beyond.
Prior to joining the Grantham Institute, Katarzyna was a Public Policy Manager at Intercontinental Exchange in London where she led on several policy initiatives at the intersection of financial services and commodities markets. Before that, she was the Head of Public Policy at the Polish Energy Exchange. After hours, Katarzyna leads the Instrat Foundation, a Warsaw-based think tank focusing on just transition.
Katarzyna holds an MPA from the London School of Economics and a Masters in Law from the University of Warsaw.
Key research interests
- the role of investors
- financial and public institutions in delivering just transition in the UK and globally
- the role of local government and communities in driving just transition to net-zero economy
- sovereign and municipal green bonds
- the role of financial regulation in making the financial system truly sustainable
- taxonomies of sustainable activities including EU Taxonomy.
Policy - 2020
The UK has a proud tradition of leadership in climate action and global finance. The urgent need to rebuild the... Read more