Sustainable public and private finance
Our work in this area is focused on how to enable the transformation that is needed across the financial system to realise the Paris Agreement and the Sustainable Development Goals. This will require changes in financial analysis, financial policy and regulation as well as financial practice across the US$386 trillion in assets in banking, capital markets, investment funds and the insurance sectors. Momentum is building, but it is still not at the speed or scale required: breakthrough approaches will be needed to reconnect finance with the real economy.
Our regular sustainable finance newsletter features a lead guest post from a thought leader in the field as part of our Sustainable Finance Leadership series – contributors range from policymakers to investors, asset managers and academics. Sign up to receive the Sustainable Finance newsletter here.
The Institute’s sustainable finance work is led by Nick Robins.
Research projects and data tools
- What is the just transition and what does it mean for climate action?
- What are sustainability-linked bonds and how can they help developing countries?
- What opportunities and risks does AI present for climate action?
- What is blue finance?
- What is the blue economy?
- What is conservation finance?
- How can ‘blended finance’ help fund climate action and development goals?
- Can we have economic growth and tackle climate change at the same time?
- What are stranded assets?
- What is climate change risk disclosure?
- What is climate finance?