Explainers: Energy and climate change
Policy measures and technological solutions that can help reduce carbon emissions from energy generation and use.
- What is gas’s role in the energy mix in the UK and what is the Government’s strategy on gas?
- What is the polluter pays principle?
- What is the role of nuclear in the energy mix and in reducing greenhouse gas emissions?
- What is carbon capture, usage and storage (CCUS) and what role can it play in tackling climate change?
- What are the pros and cons of onshore wind energy?
- What are current recoverable reserves of shale gas globally?