Explainers: Climate change policies
What governments, policymakers and business can do to tackle climate change and its impacts.
These Explainers have been produced jointly by us – the Grantham Research Institute at LSE, and the Grantham Institute at Imperial College London. The Explainers are hosted on both websites.
- How much will it cost to cut global greenhouse gas emissions?
- Do renewable energy technologies need government subsidies?
- What are carbon offsets?
- What is carbon capture, usage and storage (CCUS) and what role can it play in tackling climate change?
- What are the pros and cons of onshore wind energy?
- How important is onshore wind energy to the UK?
- How is India tackling climate change?
- What is the role of deforestation in climate change and how can ‘Reducing Emissions from Deforestation and Degradation’ (REDD+) help?
- To what extent could planting trees help solve climate change?
- What is meant by ‘climate justice’?