Explainers: Climate change policies
What governments, policymakers and business can do to tackle climate change and its impacts.
These Explainers have been produced jointly by us – the Grantham Research Institute at LSE, and the Grantham Institute at Imperial College London. The Explainers are hosted on both websites.
- What is climate change adaptation?
- What is the difference between climate change adaptation and resilience?
- What are nature-based solutions to climate change?
- What is the UK’s Climate Change Risk Assessment (CCRA)?
- Which is better: carbon tax or cap-and-trade?
- How much will it cost to cut global greenhouse gas emissions?
- Do renewable energy technologies need government subsidies?
- What are carbon offsets?
- What is carbon capture, usage and storage (CCUS) and what role can it play in tackling climate change?
- What are the pros and cons of onshore wind energy?