The fifth carbon budget: how will it affect the UK’s competitiveness?
The Government must legislate the level of the fifth carbon budget, covering the period 2028 to 2032, by the end of June 2016.
This event will explore the ambition of the emissions reduction targets proposed in the Committee on Climate Change’s advice on the fifth carbon budget, comparing them with targets in other countries, and highlight their potential impact on the UK economy. The event supports the forthcoming publication of UK Climate Change Policy: What is its Impact on Competitiveness, a new report by the Grantham Research Institute, LSE.
- Samuela Bassi – Statkraft Policy Fellow at the Grantham Research Institute, LSE
- Dimitri Zenghelis – Co-head of Policy at the Grantham Research Institute, LSE
- Mike Thompson – Head of Carbon Budgets at the Committee on Climate Change
- Matthew Knight – Director of Strategy and Government Affairs at Siemens
- Richard Warren – Senior Energy & Environment Policy Adviser at the EEF, the manufacturers’ organisation
If you would like to reserve your place, please respond to email@example.com. Please rsvp ASAP to guarantee your place.