Flood risk management publications
- Crick, Jenkins and Surminski (2018): Strengthening insurance partnerships in the face of climate change – insights from an agent-based model of flood insurance in the UK, Science of the Total Environment
- McDermott and Surminski (2018): ‘Normative interpretation of climate risk assessment for urban decision making – an exploratory study at the city scale in Cork, Ireland’, Philosophical Transactions of the Royal Society A, 376 (2121)
- Surminski, S. (2018): ‘Fit for purpose and fit for the future? An evaluation of the UK’s new flood reinsurance pool’, Risk Management and Insurance Review, in press.
- Cremades, Surminski, Máñez Costa, Hudson, Shrivastava and Gascoigne (2017): Using the Adaptive Cycle in Climate-Risk Insurances to Design Resilient Futures, Nature Climate Change, 8 (1). pp. 4-7.
- Hanger, Susanne and Bayer, Joanne and Surminski, Swenja and Nenciu, Cristina and Lorant, Annaand Ionescu, Radu and Patt, Anthony (2017) Insurance, public assistance and household flood risk reduction: a comparative study of Austria, England and Romania.Risk Analysis.
- Jenkins, K. and Surminski, S. and Hall, J. and Crick, F. (2017) Assessing surface water flood risk and management strategies under future climate change: insights from an agent-based model.Science of the Total Environment, 595. pp. 159-168. ISSN 0048-9697
- Surminski, S.: Flood Insurance and Flood Risk Reduction, in Oxford Research Encyclopedia of Natural Hazard Science, accepted 2017, in print.
- Surminski, Swenja and Hudson, Paul (2017) Investigating the risk reduction potential of disaster insurance across Europe.Geneva Papers on Risk and Insurance: Issues and Practice, 42 (2). pp. 247-274.
- Surminski, Swenja and Leck, Hayley (2017) From agenda-setting to implementation – the role of multi-sectoral partnerships in addressing urban climate risks. Earth’s Future.
- Surminski, Swenja and Thieken, Annegret H. (2017) Promoting flood risk reduction: the role of insurance in Germany and England. Earth’s Future.
- Surminski, Swenja and Aerts, Jeroen C. J. H. and Botzen, Wouter and Hudson, Paul and Mysiak, Jaroslav and Pérez-Blanco, Carlos Dionisio (2015) Reflections on the current debate on how to link flood insurance and disaster risk reduction in the European Union.Natural Hazards, 79 (3). pp. 1451-1479.
- Surminski, Swenja and Eldridge, Jillian (2015) Flood insurance in England: an assessment of the current and newly proposed insurance scheme in the context of rising flood risk. Journal of Flood Risk Management.
- Surminski, Swenja (2014) The role of insurance in reducing direct risk: the case of flood insurance. International Review of Environmental and Resource Economics, 7 (3-4). pp. 241-278.
- Surminski, S. and Oramas-Dorta, D. (2013). Flood insurance schemes and climate adaptation in developing countries. International Journal of Disaster Risk Reduction.
- Surminski, S. et.al (2019) Submission to the Environment Agency’s consultation on the Draft National Flood and Coastal Erosion Risk Management Strategy for England. GRI Policy Publication, 2019, London.
- Surminski, S. 2017: Fit for the future? The reform of flood insurance in Ireland: resolving the data controversy and supporting climate change adaptation, GRI Policy Paper, 2017, London.
- Surminski, S. 2017: What Can the United States Learn from the United Kingdom’s New Flood Reinsurance Pool?, Policy Brief, Resource for the Future, 2017
- Surminski, S. 2017: Fit for purpose and fit for the future? An evaluation of the UK’s new flood reinsurance pool, Working Paper, Resource for the Future, 2017.
- Surminski, S. et.al (2016) INSURANCE INSTRUMENTS AND DISASTER RESILIENCEIN EUROPE – INSIGHTS FROM THE ENHANCE PROJECT, Policy Brief, Brussels.