After COP27: where next for net zero and resilience through just transitions?
This is a joint event with the International Labour Organization (ILO).
Please note the time listed for this event is local time (EET).
In 2021, COP26 prompted further action to ensure that goals for net-zero and climate resilience are delivered through a just transition. COP27 in Egypt is set to intensify these efforts across key regions and countries, involving governments, business and finance, trade unions and civil society. This event will take stock of progress made, gaps that remain, and highlight the priorities for further action into 2023.
Moderator: Nick Robins (LSE)
- Moustapha Gueye (International Labour Organization)
- Tariq Al Olaimy (3BL Associates)
- Vivek Sen (Climate Policy Initiative)
- Danielle Boyd (IIGCC)
- Peter Elwin (PlanetTracker)
- Joy Williams (Financial Institution Transition Planning & GFANZ)
- Professor Jim Sked (Imperial College, IPCC, Scottish Just Transition Commission)
A live stream of this event will be available via the ILO here