Email Robin Burgess
Prof. Robin Burgess
Robin also holds the following positions:
- Professor of Economics at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE);
- Co-Director of STICERD at LSE;
- Founder and Academic Director of the International Growth Centre;
- Director of the Economic Organisation and Public Policy Programme at LSE.
- Program Director of the Development Economics Program at the Centre for Economic Policy Research (CEPR);
- Member of the Board of the Bureau for Research in the Economic Analysis of Development (BREAD);
- Faculty Research Fellow at the National Bureau for Economic Research (NBER);
- Member of the Abdul Latif Jameel Poverty Action Lab (J-PAL);
- Fellow of the European Research Development Network (EUDN);
- Member of the Institute for Policy Dialogue (IPR);
- Associate Editor of the Economic Journal;
- Founder and Director of the Microeconomics of Growth Research Network.
Robin has been a Visiting Assistant and Associate Professor of Economics at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology, Harvard University, the National Bureau for Economic Research (NBER), Ecole Polytechnique, University College London and the University of California at Berkeley.
Before joining academia, Robin served as a consultant economist with the World Bank, the European Bank for Reconstruction and Development and the Government of India. .
Robin received a BSc in Biological Sciences from Edinburgh University, an MSc in Economics from LSE and a PhD in Economics from Oxford University.
He was brought up in Uganda, Tanzania, Malawi, the US, the Philippines and Italy.
- Development economics;
- Public economics;
- Political economy;
- Labour economics;
- Environmental economics.