Prof. Judith Rees
Judith also holds the following positions:
- Director of the Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy;
- President of the Royal Geographical Society;
- Member of the UN Secretary General’s Advisory Board on Water and Sanitation;
- Member of the International Scientific Advisory Council (ISAC);
- Member of The Netherlands’ national research programmes, Climate changes Spatial Planning (CcSP) and Knowledge for Climate (KfC).
Judith was Deputy Director of LSE from 1998 to 2004, and Acting Director from May 2011 until September 2012.
Judith has acted as an advisor to the World Bank on water privatisation, regulation and pricing and to a number of national governments on institutional design and regulatory regimes. She was member of the Technical Advisory Committee of the Global Water Partnership from 1996 until 2009. Judith has also been chair of the Training and Development Board and member of the central Council at the Economic and Social Research Council (ESRC), from 2004 to 2010.
Judith was awarded the title of a Commander of the Order of the British Empire (CBE) in 2006.
Please note that Professor Rees is no longer able too accept requests to supervise PhD students.
- The governance of environmental resources and risk;
- Institutional design;
- Climate change adaptation;
- Public-private partnerships regulation;
- Use of market mechanisms;
- The water sector.