Terms of reference
The Steering Committee of the Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment meets twice each year to review the financial and research progress of the Institute.
It is also responsible for agreeing future research, dissemination and training plans, and any major items of expenditure. The Committee also guides and informs the research and dissemination work of the Institute through its advice, recommendations and contacts.
The Director of the Institute is responsible to the Committee.
Chair of the Committee
- Professor Lord Nicholas Stern of Brentford, Chair of the Grantham Research Institute at the London School of Economics and Political Science (LSE) and the Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy (CCCEP)
Listed alphabetically by surname:
- Professor Luc Bovens, Professor of Philosophy in the Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method department at LSE
- Professor Robin Burgess, Professor of Economics at LSE, Co-Director of STICERD at LSE, and Academic Director of the International Growth Centre
- David Coombe, or delegate, LSE Research Division
- Dr Simon Dietz, Co-Director of the Grantham Research Institute and Deputy Director of CCCEP
- Professor Sam Fankhauser, Co-Director of the Grantham Research Institute
- Jeremy Grantham, Grantham Foundation for the Protection of the Environment
- Brian Hoskins, Director of the Grantham Institute for Climate Change, Imperial College London
- Professor Judith Rees, Co-Director of the Grantham Research Institute and Director of CCCEP
- Professor J. Srinivasan, Chair of the Centre for Atmospheric and Oceanic Sciences and Mechanical Engineering, Indian Institute of Science, Bangalore
- Bob Ward, Policy and Communications Director at the Grantham Research Institute and CCCEP
- Paul Woolley, Centre for the Study of Capital Market Dysfunctionality, LSE