Despite being based in London, LSE hosts many events across East Asia, and generates a lot of news. You can find out more about these here:
- 14 August 2019 - Shanghai - Prof. Dilly Fung spoke on Education for Global Impact
- 13 August 2019 - Beijing - Close to 400 LSE alumni and friends attened the 2019 LSE China Conference.
- 12 August 2019 onwards - Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong - LSE China Careers Fairs.
- 26 May 2019 - Shanghai - Prof. Jin Keyu spoke on China and the World, and Prof. Timothy Hildebrandt on social policy in UK and China. Registration now open for alumni.
- 25 April 2019 - Beijing - Professor Naufel Vilcassim to speak on Marketing, Strategy and Innovation as part of LSE China Lecture Series.
- 7 March 2019 - Beijing - Professor Mary Kaldor spoke on LSE China Lecture Series on Global Security Cultures.
- 7 November 2018 - Beijing - LSE Global Executive Masters in Management students visit China, alumni and friends attend a lecture on Tech Entrepreneurship in China - Iris Recongition and Beyond.
- October 2018 - Shanghai and London - LSE opens two new double Master degree programmes with Fudan University, bringing the total number of degrees in China to five. The two new programmes are in Financial Statistics and Chinese Economy and Global Political Economy.
- 14 August 2018 - Beijing - Over 350 Alumni and Friends of LSE attended the 8th annual LSE China Conference, titled Harnessing Big Data: Opportunities and Challenges.
- 14 August 2018 - Beijing - LSE faculty celebrated with graduands and their families on receiving their degrees as part of the 9th LSE China Graduation Ceremony.
- August 2018 - Beijing, Shanghai, Hong Kong - Record numbers attended fairs in Beijing, Shanghai, and Hong Kong.
- 5-17 August 2018 - Beijing - 15th year anniversary of the LSE-PKU Summer School saw the the largest cohort to date - 485 students - enrols on one of 15 courses on the two week programme in Beijing.
- 28 May 2018 - Shanghai - Prof. Chris Alden delivered a talk on China and Africa, in partnership with Fudan University. LSE Alumni and friends attended with students and faculty from Fudan.
- 13 December 2017 - Tokyo - Prof. Iain Begg, European Institute, LSE spoke on Brexit - Reshaping Europe and the UK as part of the LSE-Hitotsubashi Lecture Series. Lecture Slides available for download.
- 18 May 2017 - Tokyo - Prof. Janet Hunter, LSE Dept. of Economic History and STICERD spoke on UK General Election 2017 - Implications for Japan-UK Relations.
- 5 April 2017 - Tokyo - LSE Alumni Lecture from Dr. Jose Javier Olivas Osuna and Dr. Fernando Morett.
- 3 March 2017 - London and Tokyo - LSE academics selected to deliver short courses as part of Hitotsubashi University's Global Leaders Program.
- 10 January 2017 - Japan - Travel Plans to Tokyo in 2017 - we may be able to help!
- 12 December 2016 - London - Hitotsubashi University welcomes applications from LSE 100 teachers to deliver short debate-style courses as part of Hitotsubashi's Global Leadership Programme. Dates for the programme are the last week of March and first week of April 2017. For further details contact Dr. Brendan Smith (email@example.com)
- 14 June 2016 - Tokyo - Prof. Peter Trubowitz, Department of International Relations and Director of US Centre, LSE spoke on the US Presidential elections and implications for East Asia region, as part of the LSE-Hitotsubashi Lecture Series. (Slides and Audio available from this talk.)
- 10 June 2016 - Tokyo - Prof. Robin Mansell, Deputy Director and Provost, LSE delivered a "State of the School" address to LSE alumni.
- 19-25 May 2016 - Tokyo - Prof. Janet Hunter, Saji Professor of Economic History, Department of Economic History, LSE and Deputy Director, The Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines (STICERD), LSE visited Tokyo as part of her on-going research.
- 11 April 2016 - Tokyo - Prof. Paul Kelly, LSE Pro-Director for Teaching and Learning delivers a talk on Britain and the World: The Challenge of Europe, as part of the LSE-Hitotsubashi Lecture Series.
- April 2016 - Tokyo - Prof. Chris Hughes, Head, Department of International Relations will visit Waseda University's Graduate School of Asia Pacific Studies.
- 30 January 2016 - Prof. Chris Coker, Department of International Relations, LSE speaks at securities studies conference at Policy Alternatives Research Institute, University of Tokyo. Conference Report and Speeches.
- 2 April 2015 - LSE Director delivers keynote address on Knowledge as a Public Good - the Role of Universities at Hitotsubashi's Entrance Ceremony
Press and media requests
Many LSE academics and experts are pleased to do media interviews. Details and contacts on academics can be found in the LSE People finder. Media outlets should contact academics well in advance of any proposed interviews.
The LSE News team can also be contacted for further information.