The Centre for Philosophy of Natural and Social Science seeks applications for a Ludwig M. Lachmann Professorial/Associate Professorial Research Fellowship.
Application Deadline passed. The application period for this position ended on 8 April 2016.
The LSE’s Centre for Philosophy of Natural and Social Science (CPNSS) seeks to appoint a Professorial or Associate Professorial Research Fellow (Ludwig M. Lachmann), tenable for three years from 1 September 2016. The successful candidate will have a PhD and a record of excellence in interdisciplinary research in philosophical, foundational or conceptual aspects of economics and will have produced world-leading work.
Their research must have a clear potential to generate social impact outside of academia (e.g. to changes in policies), and they will have a plan for realising this potential.
The Research Fellow will be expected to conduct research publishable in high-quality, peer-reviewed journals; to develop links with organisations outside academia to shape their policies on the basis of high quality research; to contribute to the scholarship and intellectual life of the Centre, the Department of Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method, and the School.
The other criteria that will be used when shortlisting for this post can be found on the person specification, which is attached to the vacancy on the LSE’s online recruitment system.
- Salary is competitive and not less than £62,514 (pro rata) pa inclusive for Associate Professorial Research Fellow and not less than £83,832 (pro rata) pa inclusive for Professorial Research Fellow
- This is a fixed term appointment for up to three years and is part-time for between 0.25 and 0.5 full-time Equivalent for Associate Professorial Research Fellow and between 0.25 and 0.4 full-time Equivalent for Professorial Research Fellow
Application and More Information
- Applications must take the form of a full Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a covering letter. Your covering letter should consist of a summary of your past, current and future research projects. Please give prospective publication dates of work currently in preparation, where appropriate.
- In addition, please submit electronic copies of two publications, which can be working papers or job market papers, that are relevant to this post as described on the Supporting Documents page of the online application form.
- Informal enquiries about this post should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Queries about applying on the online system should be directed to email@example.com quoting reference 1540883.
Regrettably, we are unable to accept any applications received after the closing date indicated above.
Connect with us