How my studies went?

I came to the LSE after studying a degree in Political Economy, although my background wasn’t of the sciences, I didn’t feel at a disadvantage at all.

I felt the programme was excellent. I was always tested and felt challenged. From philosophy of science to the philosophy of choice, the detail and the breadth of the work I did was intellectually stimulating and based on the research of a world-class faculty. The learning curve was steep but the help and support I got from my lecturers was always generous and welcoming. The twelve months went really quick and I felt I had learnt and achieved a lot.

What you’re doing now and plans for the future?

I was lucky enough to join a graduate scheme in the Civil Service and I am currently working in a commercial role at the Ministry of Defence. I feel the programme gave me the lateral skills to bring something different to the table and I often employ the philosophical and reflective skills I learnt at LSE to my work. My plans for the future is to progress in the Civil Service and become a senior civil servant.