Having read philosophy at the undergraduate level despite my overt scientific inclinations, a Master’s in philosophy of science seemed to be the logical confluence of my two streams of interest. LSE’s MSc Philosophy of Science, with its lofty reputation and long list of eminent faculty members, promised to embody precisely what I was looking for. After arriving at LSE, I was delighted to find my expectations fulfilled—the programme stimulated both the philosopher and the scientist in me.

During my time in the programme, I thoroughly enjoyed both lectures and seminars across all the courses I had chosen. The lectures were well structured with succinct summaries of the relevant topic. Seminars presented the perfect fora to discuss nuances of the same. While knowledgeable and articulate lecturers made the former engaging and informative, an incredibly diverse peer group made the latter lively and challenging. Outside the classroom, I thoroughly enjoyed bonding with my classmates over numerous coffees at the Garrick and pints at George IV. Performances of the department’s rock-n-roll band—The Critique of Pure Rhythm—were definitely the highlight of each term.

It is my belief that the MSc has provided me with a grounding in philosophy of science that would enable me to contend for top PhD programmes should I decide to do so in the future. At the same time, I feel it has equipped me with the kind of analytical thinking that is key to succeeding even outside the academic world. After a stint as a business consultant with Ernst & Young, I now work within my family business.