My choice to embark on the MSc program in History and Philosophy of Science at LSE came from a strong tendency toward investigating my field of interest at a deeper and more thorough level; before starting the MSc, in fact, I had graduated in Mathematics and Physics at UCL. I chose the LSE because it offered what I was looking for: a rigorous yet stimulating range of courses I could choose from.

Being relatively new to Philosophy, I felt that this MSc could be a good introduction to the field and it could also simultaneously advance my knowledge in the subjects I had studied as an undergraduate. The courses I took (Set Theory and Logic, Philosophy of Physics and History of Science) proved to be what I expected: I could profit from my existing skills to improve them and develop new ones, more philosophy-­‐related. This was also due to the structure of the lectures and seminars, all of which did not have more than 6/7 students. Lectures could  in fact follow individual students quite carefully, allowing students to progress rapidly and fruitfully.

A part from the rich academic environment the Philosophy Department at LSE has to offer, it is not unimportant to mention the social environment, which I consider important if not essential to one’s permanence in the department. The general friendliness and openness of staff and students made my year at the LSE much more pleasant and interesting. I experienced a completely different student-­‐professor relationship which undoubtably enouraged my introduction  to Philosophy of Science. Actually, I was so enthusiastic about what I found doing this MSc, that I am now starting a Ph.D. in Philosophy of Science at PITT.