Many things can be said about the London School of Economics, as well as concerning its Master in Philosophy of Science: the outstanding quality of lectures and seminars, the competence of professors and researchers, the opportunity to attend conferences held by the best scholars from all over the world, the undeniable opportunities for what concerns students’ academic or professional career. Any of these reasons would be sufficient to choose to attend the MSc in Philosophy of Science at LSE. However, in order to add a different tile to the picture, I would like to focus on a further, fundamental aspect which I am afraid can sometimes be underestimated: the human relations with my colleagues, teachers, and all the staff of the Department. For what I could perceive, any time I had a question, a doubt, a problem, I found positive feedback at all levels of the university structure, from seminar’s mates, to supervisor and lectures, as well as to the Department’s offices.

The constant dialogue and relations held with other students, which did not necessarily focus on only philosophical matters, had an impact on my preparation which I think is comparable with what I learnt from books and articles, if not even more effective. Moreover, the open-mindedness and availability demonstrated by the academic and administrative staff of the Department of Philosophy was unequaled.  Finally, the organisation of the entire Master was impeccable, and this factor is of extreme importance to learn (and live) at the best level as possible. All in all, the positive human and social environment I found at LSE, combined with the exceptional quality offered by the School, make the MSc in Philosophy of Science a rare opportunity to be part of a vibrant, open, and cutting-edge research community, which will be difficult to find elsewhere.