We’re proud to announce that several of our PhD students have been formally recognised by the School for the quality of their teaching!
Every year in May, LSE awards teaching prizes in three categories:
- Major Review Awards, given to faculty who have made significant contributions to teaching at the School
- LSESU Student Led Teaching Excellence Awards, for those teachers who students have found most inspiring
- Class Teacher Awards, given to graduate teaching assistants, teaching fellows and guest teachers in recognition of their particular contribution to teaching at LSE
Among this year’s winners are the following Philosophy PhD students:
- Rosa Runhardt – LSESU Student Led Teaching Excellence Award for Excellent Feedback and Communication
- Simon Beard – Class Teacher Award
- Nicolas Wuethrich – Class Teacher Award
- James Nguyen – Honourable Commendation for Excellent Class Teaching
- Alexandru Marcoci – Honourable Commendation for Excellent Class Teaching
LSE’s annual Teaching Symposium is taking place 5 May. Following this there will be a special celebration for all LSE Teaching Award winners, featuring the Departmental band The Critique of Pure Rhythm.