Before moving to London, I studied politics and law and practised as a lawyer in Australia for three and a half years. I chose the MSc in Philosophy and Public Policy because I wanted a stronger applied-philosophical grounding in order to move into a research- and policy-oriented career focused on the design and normative evaluation of public policy and regulation. I had a wonderful experience in my MSc year. I chose courses and papers that catered to my diverse interests in the normative issues relevant to climate change, economic policy, democracy and citizenship. My lecturers and professors were closely engaged in my learning and development. And the Department provided a supportive and stimulating environment in which to study. Most importantly, the degree equipped me with an invaluable set of intellectual tools for thinking through the philosophical issues implicated in contemporary policy debates.

After finishing the MSc I went on to apply those skills as Policy Analyst and Research Advisor to Professor Nicholas Stern at the LSE’s Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment (January 2014 – October 2015). A key part of my role involved assisting Professor Stern with his academic and policy-related work, a great deal of which engaged with normative issues in climate change and economic policy. I am currently undertaking a PhD in Political Science in the LSE Department of Government, where my research focuses on issues of justice that arise in policy and legal transitions. I also run my own climate change policy consulting business.

Website