Being an LSE student was both an exciting and challenging experience. The programme enabled me to improve my econometrics skills, to get to grips with difficult concepts in economics and to explore new branches of ethics and philosophy of economics. I appreciated the friendly atmosphere in the philosophy department and the support of the lecturers.

Most of all, the programme offered me the opportunity to meet intelligent people from different corners of the world, with whom I could engage in great debates from topics as diverse as philosophy to current affairs. Having such a close circle of friends was one of the most rewarding aspects of the LSE experience.

After graduating from the LSE I became a research assistant at an economics think tank in Brussels, called Bruegel. There I had the opportunity to apply the quantitative skills gained during the MSc to practical policy issues, such as the European debt crisis. After a year at Bruegel, I moved on to the European Parliament, where I am currently working as a policy adivsor and assistant on economic and monetary affairs. Being at the heart of EU policymaking is a very exciting opportunity and my stay at the LSE has certainly provided me with a rich toolkit, which I make use of on a daily basis. Despite the economics focus of my current job, philosophy still remains close to my heart and I enjoy stumbling across topics in which economics and philosophy overlap.