My time studying at the LSE was undoubtedly the most rewarding academic experience I’ve had. The courses were well structured and the lecturers had a contagious enthusiasm for the subjects they taught that transferred onto their students. It was both a joy and a privilege to study and learn under the guidance of faculty members who were actively engaged in making contributions to the research fields being taught. The staff always had time for the students. Engaging in stimulating debates on contemporary issues and attending talks by well known experts in my field of interest contributed to that rare feeling of being in an exciting academic environment, saturated with intellectual stimulation, whilst maintaining a collegial and friendly atmosphere. The knowledge I gained, the people I met and the skills I’ve acquired through my experience studying at the LSE have all contributed immeasurably to my academic development.

The knowledge I gained, the people I met and the skills I’ve acquired through my experience studying for the MSc in the History and Philosophy of Science at the LSE have all contributed immeasurably to my academic development and provided the ideal entry ticket to embark on the PhD I’m doing now. The MSc is the perfect stepping stone into a myriad of diverse opportunities. Many of my friends who took the course with me have gone on to undertake a  wide variety of different jobs, both in and outside academia. The teachers encouraged me to pursue research areas that interested me most, and without their continual academic support, intellectual input and the knowledge and skills gained during the course, I simply wouldn’t be doing a PhD now.