Laureate of the Belgian (European) Francqui Chair (2018-19)
Work on debt, austerity and international law
- Visiting Scholar, Robert Schuman Centre for Advanced Studies, European University Institute, Marie Sklodowska-Curie Fellow (2017-18)
- 'Of Austerity, Human Rights and International Institutions' European Law Journal (2015) [working paper available]
- Legal Advisor to the Speaker of the Greek Parliament (2015)
- 'La Troika e i Diritti Umani' La Repubblica, 4.05.2015
- Legal Brief with O. De Schutter, 15.06.2015
- 'Die Austeritätspolitik verletzt Menschenrechte' Zeit Online Interview, 20.07.15
- 'Europe’s Debt to Greece' EJIL Talk! 24.08.15
Editorial Board, Edward Elgar Monograph Series on Studies in Human Rights (2014-present).
Lead Author, World Bank Study on the Integration of Human Rights in Development Policies and Programs and its Economic Impact and Implications (Part 1: Human Rights and Economics: Tensions, Synergies and Ways Forward) (2012).
Guest Editor, Global Policy Journal. Special Section on International Law, Human Rights, and the Global Economy: Innovations and Expectations for the 21st Century (2012).
Drafting Committee, Maastricht Principles on Extraterritorial Obligations of States in the area of Economic, Social and Cultural Rights (2009-11).
Vice-Chair, Association of Human Rights Institutes (2009-17).
Advisory Board, Centre for Law and Cosmopolitan Values, University of Antwerp (2009-present).
Expert Consultant, UN Office of the High Commissioner for Human Rights and UN:
- Background Paper on the views of States and other Stakeholders/Conference Rapporteur/Final Report (Technical Review), Draft Guiding Principles on Extreme Poverty and Human Rights (2009). (P5)
- UN Social Forum, Human Rights and the Global Economy (2009).
- UN High-Level Task Force on the Right to Development (2004-09).
Editorial Board, European Yearbook of Human Rights (2009-present).
Associate, Centre for Climate Change Economics and Policy, LSE (2008-present).
Senior Consultant, Ford Foundation, Darfur Initiative Evaluation (2008).
Association of Human Rights Institutes:
- Member, Working Group on the UN Human Rights Monitoring Machinery. Research Project on the Role of the EU in UN Human Rights Reform (2008-12)
- Member, Working Group on Human Rights and Development. Research Project on Human Rights, Peace and Security in EU Foreign Policy (2005-08)
Member, Committee on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples, International Law Association (2008-12).
Visiting Lecturer, UN University, Tokyo (2006).