Thank you for your interest in the Executive MSc International Strategy and Diplomacy Programme based at LSE IDEAS, LSE's foreign policy think tank.
We are accepting applications for 2023/24, with intake in September 2023.
Given the highly competitive nature of the programme, applicants are strongly advised to apply early.
Minimum requirements to be considered for a place on the course are as follows:
- A good first degree of a least at 2.1 or a GPA of 3.5 or above from an accredited university
- At least 4 years of professional experience but preferably 10
- If English is not your first language, you should possess an English language qualification such as IELTS or TOEFL. English tests must be less than two years old by 1 October in the year you intend to start your programme.Minimum scores required are: IELTS - overall score of 7.0 (6.0 in speaking and writing and 6.5 in listening and reading), or TOEFL - overall score of 107 (23 in reading and listening, 22 in writing and 20 in speaking. Note: if English is the language of instruction of your previous degree, you might be exempt from this requirement. For further information on our English requirements click here.
*If your qualifications or experience are slightly below the requirement but you would still like to discuss the programme, please contact the Programme Manager at firstname.lastname@example.org.
How to Apply
In order to apply, candidates should provide:
- University transcripts and degree certificate
- A CV, outlining four or more years of work experience
- Personal statement (1-2 pages), explaining your interest in the course
- Two references, either professional or academic
Application materials and instructions are available on the Graduate Admissions website.
Please note that the Programme now offers two modes of participation: Residential and Non-Residential. When applying, you must choose one of these. To apply for the Residential Option, please use L2UJ as the application code. To apply for the Non-Residential option, please use L2UV as the application code. For more information on the two modes of participation, please see the Curriculum page.
Start your application here
For further information please see our Frequently Asked Questions or the LSE How to Apply page.