When we welcome new students to the European Institute each year we do not hide that their time with us will be intense and challenging. But we know too that this will be one of the most amazing years of their lives, and an experience they will never forget.
The incredible support of our alumni who choose to express their support for the European Institute through philanthropy is testament to that.
Over the next few years the European Institute is seeking to:
- Continue our extensive student engagement programme, so that every European Institute student feels supported and welcome during their time at LSE, as well as preparing them for the next stage of their journey after graduation.
- Enhance and grow our alumni engagement activities, offering targeted events, networking opportunities, and bespoke communications to our life-long EI Community.
- Advance our popular public events programme, providing a wide range of thought-provoking lectures and seminars on the current European issues of the day.
- Fundraise for scholarships to provide more opportunities for students to benefit from our diverse and vibrant learning community.
- Maintain our excellence in research and teaching, focusing on our four major themes: politics and policy, culture and society, political economy, and migration. We will continue to develop our international partnerships and links with world-leading institutions around the globe.
But we need your help.
How your support benefits the European Institute today:
Whether through one-off or regular gifts, your support will enable us to enhance their time with us as young scholars by adding to our student engagement programme with initiatives which require flexible or additional funding. These gifts allow us to invest in the areas of the greatest need for students at the EI that our working budget simply cannot cover.
Please make your online gift to the EI today (if you are based in the UK or the rest of the world outside the USA).
Please make your online gift to the EI today (if you are based in the USA)
Discuss your philanthropy
We are currently seeking partners who share our vision of ensuring the European Institute continues to offer world-leading academic and research programmes about Europe and its place in the world today.
We would welcome the opportunity to talk to you about how you can help us work towards our strategic priorities. We can work with you to build on your relationship with us, and to discuss how your philanthropic and personal interests can be fulfilled through giving opportunities that are meaningful to you.
To discuss philanthropic opportunities and the EI’s plans for the future, please contact:
Department Manager, European Institute
Tel: +44 2079 556780
Or, if you would like to learn more about making a donation, please contact:
Philanthropy Manager, LSE Advancement
Tel: +44 2079 557378
Thank you for your time and commitment to our Department. We are very grateful for your support.