The Philosophy of the Social Sciences MSc programme at the LSE was a great opportunity for me. I learned more in one year than in all of my previous years of school and university put together. The faculty are all experts in their fields and the lectures and seminars are very well structured. In addition, I received a tremendous amount of support for PhD applications, in terms of advice and recommendation letters. One of the best things about studying at the LSE is the number of talks and conferences that graduate students can attend. It is a wonderful opportunity to hear talks and discuss interesting topics with experts from all over the world, topics that are at the cutting edge of the current research.

All this academic rigour is combined with a relaxed and laid back attitude. There are many opportunities in the department to socialize with faculty and students, that are excellent ways to get good advice and exchange ideas for dissertations, applications etc. The students at the LSE are a fun crowd who know how to have a good time!

The year I spent at the LSE provided me with everything I needed to go on to a PhD in Philosophy. I am now at the University of Pennsylvania starting a PhD in the Philosophy of Biology, and I would not have been able to achieve this without the preparation and support I received from the LSE.