We welcome applications from all suitably qualified prospective students and want to recruit students with the very best academic merit, potential and motivation, irrespective of their background.
All applicants apply via LSE. This includes applicants from the People's Republic of China, and areas of Taiwan, Hong Kong, Macau and PKU students. All applications will be reviewed by a joint admissions panel. Applicants from Mainland China, upon meeting the eligibility of applying to this programme, will take the interviews and evaluation arranged by the College of Environmental Sciences and Engineering, Peking University, by the joint committee from both LSE and PKU. For international applicants and those from Hong Kong, Macau, and Taiwan, interviews (via phone or skype) will be arranged when necessary.
We carefully consider each application on an individual basis, taking into account all the information presented on your application form, including your:
- academic achievement (including predicted and achieved grades)
- statement of academic purpose
- two academic references
See further information on supporting documents
You may also have to provide evidence of your English proficiency, although you do not need to provide this at the time of your application to LSE. See our English language requirements.
All applicants from the Mainland of People's Republic of China (citizen of China) must either have the recommendation eligibility to the College of Environmental Sciences and Engineering (CESE) (保研) or pass the National Entrance Examination for Postgraduate Students in China (考研). Applicants need to indicate this program specifically in both online and hard copy versions of the application, as well as on the cover of the application package posted to Ms. WU Zhuxuan.
See further information for applicants from Mainland in PKU.
2. Applicants holding identity cards from Macau, Hong Kong, or Taiwan, do not need to take the National Entrance Examination, but must pre-register with PKU Graduate School online before 12:00 noon, December 6, 2020 (Beijing Time). Applicants need to indicate this program specifically in both online and hard copy versions of the application, as well as on the cover of the application package posted to Ms. WU Zhuxuan. Unless otherwise notified, PKU needs to receive this package by 17.00, January 4, 2021 (Beijing time).
See further application information for applicants from Macau, Hong Kong or Taiwan in PKU.
Note: Applicants who hold foreign passports or identity cards from Macau, Hong Kong, or Taiwan must follow the procedures described above.
For further information about the National Entrance Examination for Postgraduate students in China and about the application process please contact Ms. JIANG Ying on email@example.com, or call+86-62751929.
All non-PRC students, should apply through LSE first. Those who accepting the offer, must go to the PKU online application (pre-registration) system fill in the PKU form, pay the application fee online by 12:00 midnight March 10, 2021 Beijing time. Applicants need to indicate this program specifically in both online and hard copy versions of the application, as well as on the cover of the application package posted to Ms. WU Zhuxuan. Unless otherwise notified, PKU needs to receive this package by April 10, 2021.
International students* should also send the scanned copy of the documents below to: firstname.lastname@example.org. Please ask your referees to send their letters of recommendation directly to: email@example.com.
- Personal statement
- Two recommendation letters
- TOEFL or IELTS†
- Passport page with name and picture
- Bachelor diploma or certificate of study/enrollment (For those expecting to graduate in the summer of 2021)
*Residents of mainland China, Hong Kong, Macau and Taiwan who have emigrated to other countries and are applying to Peking University as international students must present valid passport or citizenship documents dating from before November 30, 2013, along with proof of cancellation of Chinese nationality.
† TOEFL or IELTS should be taken after 1 Sep. 2019. A student is exempt from providing TOEFL or IELTS scores if his/her first language is English or he/she has obtained a degree in an English-taught programme in an English-speaking country after 1 September 2015.
All students who intend to take up their offer should contact LSE and PKU via email Grad.Dual.Degree@lse.ac.uk and firstname.lastname@example.org to confirm their acceptance of a place on the programme.
Then follow these steps:
• Please post a hardcopy of the Application Form (which can be downloaded from the PKU application system) with signature, 5 copies of passport size photo and required documents to Ms. WU Zhuxuan, Program Administrator, 214, College of Environmental Sciences and Engineering, Peking University, No.5 Yiheyuan Road, 100871, Beijing China. Tel:86-10-6275-8525.
• Please send a soft copy of the PKU Application Form (in PDF), a passport size photo in white background and required documents to:
All applicants shall keep their ID consistent in the whole process.
If you fail to complete the above mentioned registration with PKU and mail the required documents before the deadline, you will not be able to enroll in PKU for the year of 2021.
If you are a non-EU, non-EEA or Swiss national, you will need a student visa. In order that you are able to apply for a visa, the LSE will issue you with a 'Confirmation of Acceptance for Studies' (CAS) number and statement after year one of the double degree. You will not be able to begin the visa application process until you receive this information. CAS numbers and statements will be issued by LSE and sent to you ONLY after Peking University has forwarded a Progression List to LSE, confirming names of students who have successfully completed year one of the course and have satisfied all progression requirements. The Progression List is forwarded to LSE around mid-July of year one of the programme. Further details on all aspects of the visa application process will accompany the CAS.