Cancelling before you arrive
Follow this guide if you want to cancel before you arrive at your hall. To cancel after you've arrived, follow Moving out early .
Generally, you are bound by the contract once you've booked, but you can cancel your booking before you arrive. Whether you get your deposit back depends on:
- when you cancel
- why you cancel
Cancellation terms for LSE halls and Sidney Webb House
If you cancel by 31 July 2021, your deposit will be refunded if one of the following applies to you:
- you don't meet the conditions to study at LSE
- you are declined a visa to study in the UK (please provide proof before 31 July 2021)
- you decline your place at LSE or defer your studies
If you cancel after 31 July but before 31 August 2021, your deposit won't be refunded, but you will not be liable for any further accommodation fees.
If you cancel after 31 August 2021, your deposit won't be refunded, and you will be liable for any accommodation fees until we have found a student to take over your contract.
- If you cannot to travel to the UK because of coronavirus, we may be able to refund your deposit and release you from your contract after the usual deadlines. You will need to request this and provide documentation. For details visit Coronavirus information for students in halls.
- If LSE withdraws your place, you have until 18 September 2021 to cancel. In this case, your deposit will be refunded, and you won't be liable to pay any accommodation fees.
Submit an online cancellation