Cancelling before you arrive
Follow this guide if you want to cancel before you arrive at your hall. To cancel after you've arrived, follow Moving out early .
Generally, you are bound by the contract once you've booked, but you can cancel your booking before you arrive. Whether you get your deposit back depends on:
- when you cancel
- why you cancel
Cancellation terms for LSE halls and Sidney Webb House
If you cancel by 31 July 2023, your deposit will be refunded and you will be released from your contract if one of the following applies to you:
- you don't meet the conditions to study at LSE (please provide proof before 31 July 2023)
- you are declined a visa to study in the UK (please provide proof before 31 July 2023)
- you decline your place at LSE or defer your studies (please provide proof before 31 July 2023)
If you cancel by 31 July 2023 for any other reason (or you do not provide proof of one of the above reasons before 31 July 2023), your deposit will not be refunded, and you will remain liable for accommodation fees until such time as a replacement student is found to take over your contract.
If you cancel on or after 1 August 2023, for any reason, your deposit will not be refunded, and you will remain liable for accommodation fees until such time as a replacement student is found to take over your contract.
- If you cannot to travel to the UK because of coronavirus, we may be able to refund your deposit and release you from your contract after the usual deadlines. You will need to request this and provide documentation. For details visit Coronavirus information for students in halls.
- If LSE withdraws your place on or after 1 August 2023, you must notify us within 7 days by submitting a cancellation form. In this case, your deposit will be refunded, and you won't be liable to pay any accommodation fees.
Submit an online cancellation