Submit this form by 20 April 2021
Use this term-time early leaver form if you want to leave after you've arrived in halls, and up until 20 April 2021. After this date, we won't be able to find a replacement on your behalf as demand for accommodation is too low. You can try to find an eligible student yourself. If you have found someone, contact us. We'll check their circumstances, and if approved, arrange the details of the move.
Who can't use this form?
You cannot use this form if you live at Lilian Knowles House, UoL or urbanest halls. Instead, speak to your local reception team what to do if you want to move out before the end of your contract.
Submit a term-time early leaver form
What happens after you've submitted a term-time early leaver form?
1. We confirm receipt of your request to leave.
2. We'll notify your hall.
3. If you're withdrawing from LSE or interrupting your studies, we'll verify your final date of study with the Registry.
4. We start looking for a replacement student to take over your contract. This may take some time and we can't guarantee that we'll find someone.
5. If we've found someone, we'll contact you to confirm details.
6. You'll need to remove all your belongings from your room and hand in all keys by 10am on the agreed departure date.
7. We'll recalculate your accommodation fees liability based on the revised end date of your contract. Any overpaid fees will be refunded to you (minus any charges for damages).
- If you're withdrawing from LSE or interrupting your studies, we only hold you liable for 28 days after the date of your departure. If we find someone earlier, you will get a refund for any extra nights you have already paid for, from the date that your replacement accepts your room.
- We may need to access your room for viewings.
- We may only give you 24 hours notice to vacate your room.
- Hand in your keys when you leave. If you don't we'll continue to charge you for the room, even if you've interrupted your studies or the 28 days liability period has passed.
- We'll recalculate your accommodation fees liability based on the revised end date of your contract. Any overpaid fees will be refunded to you (minus any charges for damages).
- If you change your mind, tell us straight away. Withdrawing your early leaver request may only be possible before we have re-sold your room.
Full details are on the Early leaver form information [PDF]