Studying for the MSc in Philosophy of Science is the best thing I’ve ever done. My experience was life changing. The ideas covered in some of the modules that I took, such as PH400 Philosophy of Science, PH430 Einstein for Everyone, PH427 Genes, Brains & Society, are deep and important. In my view, I may only come to realise their true impact in the coming decades. We covered topics ranging from how scientific models become representations of the part of the world that they are about, to the nature of space-time and the notion of reality itself, to whether hermit crabs and lobsters have an inner life and therefore should be protected from being boiled alive. The teaching is absolutely first rate, as you’d expect. The faculty, especially our course convenor, went above and beyond to make the whole class feel welcome and at ease. The faculty have the uncanny skill to bring out the best interpretation of your work; it seems, on occasion, that they know what you are going to say before you even say it. With all this said, however, make no mistake: this is a difficult degree that will push you like no schooling you’ve ever been through before. Fear not, however; you will not be alone. For one, the master’s programme has provided me the opportunity to make life-long friends who share the same passion that I do for both philosophical investigation and for understanding the profound but complex machinations of our natural world. The LSE philosophy department is certainly a special place, I will cherish the memories that I have created here during the past 12 or so months. Finally, amongst all the challenges, deep discussions and camaraderie, you will learn to become a better writer, a clearer thinker and an individual who is able to conduct effective research in your chosen topic. These are skills which will serve you well and will aid you in leading a more enriched and fulfilling life. These are the enduring effects of being part of LSE and this astounding MSc programme.