The Department of Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method seeks applications for an Assistant Professor in Philosophy, to start September 2017.
The deadline for applications has now passed
Area of research specialisation is open, but should be continuous with the current research strengths of the Department. These include:
- Philosophy of the natural and social sciences
- Moral and political philosophy
- Philosophy of public policy
- Philosophy of economics
- Formal epistemology
- Decision theory
Willingness and ability to contribute to the teaching of a wide range of courses on the Department’s degree programmes is essential.
Candidates should have a track record or trajectory of excellent publications and proven ability or potential to publish in top journals or with leading book publishers in Philosophy and should have a PhD or be close to obtaining a PhD, in Philosophy or related field by the post start date.
The other criteria that will be used when shortlisting for this post can be found on the person specification for the post, which is attached to the vacancy on the LSE’s online recruitment system.
- Salary is competitive with Departments at our peer institutions worldwide and not less than £53,004 pa inclusive
In addition to a competitive salary, the benefits that come with this job include an occupational pension scheme, a research incentive scheme with personal reward options, generous research leave (sabbatical) entitlement, a collegial faculty environment and excellent support, training and development opportunities.
Application and More Information
- Applications must take the form of a full Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a covering letter.
- You are also required to arrange for the submission of 3 Reference Letters recommending your appointment to the post.
- Informal enquiries about this post should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Queries about applying on the online system should be directed to email@example.com.
Regrettably, we are unable to accept any applications received after the closing date indicated above.