The Department of Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method seeks applications for an Assistant Professor in Philosophy.
Application Deadline passed. The application period for this position ended on 2 November 2015.
The Department is housing and contributing teaching to a new four year degree in Philosophy, Politics and Economics and we are looking for an Assistant Professor who is expected to play a leading role in this new degree.
Area of Specialisation is open, but candidates must be willing and able to teach primarily within the following areas:
- Philosophy of Economics
- Philosophy of the Social Sciences
- Methodology of the Social Sciences
- Philosophy and Public Policy
- Ethics, and/or Business Ethics
Candidates should have a track record or trajectory of excellent publications and proven ability or potential to publish in top journals or with leading book publishers in Philosophy and should have a PhD or be close to obtaining a PhD, in Philosophy or related field by the post start date and possess excellent written and oral communication skills.
The other criteria that will be used when shortlisting for this post can be found on the person specification, which is attached to the vacancy on the LSE’s online recruitment system.
- Salary is competitive with Departments at our peer institutions worldwide and not less than £51,908 pa inclusive.
In addition to a competitive salary, the benefits that come with this job include an occupational pension scheme, a research incentive scheme with personal reward options, generous research leave (sabbatical) entitlement, a collegial faculty environment and excellent support, training and development opportunities.
Application and More Information
- Applications must take the form of a full Curriculum Vitae (CV) with a covering letter.
- You are also required to arrange for the submission of 3 Reference Letters recommending your appointment to the post. These should be emailed by the 2 November deadline to: Lse.Philosophy.Recruitment@lse.ac.uk.
- Informal enquiries about this post should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Queries about applying on the online system should be directed to email@example.com quoting reference 1491020.
Regrettably, we are unable to accept any applications received after the closing date indicated above.
Connect with us