The UN Business and Human Security Initiative at LSE is seeking an occasional research assistant to work on the programme: Mainstreaming the Human Security Business Partnership Approach for the private sector, governments and the UN system. The programme seeks to further and support the engagement of the private sector in multi-stakeholder collaborations, to achieve sustainable development outcomes, working closely with companies and other private sector actors, the UN system, national governments, academic institutions and other national and international actors. The programme is funded by the UN Trust Fund for Human Security and has been running since 2018.
Job description: The postholder will provide research and administrative support to the programme; working closely with programme codirectors.
The post holder will be required to:
- support the organisation of team meetings (drafting the agenda, communication with participants, keeping meeting minutes, and dissemination of relevant documents)
- support financial management of the project, including processing payment requests and liaising with LSE post-award Research Division and LSE IDEAS centre and financial managers
- oversee and manage the programme’s website
- maintain the project’s data base
- assist in preparing reports to the funder
- provide administrative support in the organisation of public events as part of the project’s outreach strategy
- conduct discrete pieces of research at the request of the principal investigator and co-investigator, in support of project deliverables.
Work Hours and period of employment: The post is an equivalent of FTE0.2, on an hourly contract basis, for the period 1 January - 31 August 2024.
Should you have any queries about the role, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.