Some of the courses offered by the Government Department are not available each year. The below Masters courses are not running for the 2021/22 academic year.
If a course you had planned to take is not running in your prospective year of study, you are encouraged to consider taking a course which is similar in content in another LSE department or, where there is no similar course available, to consider taking an intercollegiate option at another University of London college.
The list of outside options for graduate students can be found on the LSE Calendar.
The list of colleges from which an intercollegiate course might be considered can be found on the University of London website. If you wish to apply for an intercollegiate option, please follow the process set out on the Taking a Course Outside LSE webpage.
Please note that all requests for taking outside or intercollegiate options would need to be approved by both the course convenor/receiving institution, your Academic Mentor and the LSE Student Service Centre.
SUSPENDED COURSES IN 2021/22 (Updated 30 July 2021)
- GV444 Democracy and Development in Latin America
- GV465 War, Peace and the Politics of National Self-Determination
- GV4F5 Advanced Study of Key Political Thinkers
- GV4H3 Feminist Political Theory
- GV4J6 Game Theory for Research
- GV4K5 Being Truly Human - Personality Justice and Being
- GV4L1 Analytical Approaches to British Politics
- GV450 European Politics: Comparative Analysis
- GV4A2 Citizens' Political Behaviour in Europe: Elections Public Opinion and Identities
- GV4H2 Contemporary India: The World's Largest Democracy in the Early 21st Century
- GV4H5 The Political Philosophy of Epidemics
- GV4J9 Populism
- GV4K6 The Challenge of Political Theology in some Twentieth Century Political Theory
WITHDRAWN COURSES FROM 2021/22
- Currently no withdrawn courses from 2021/22 (Updated 30 July 2021)
NEW COURSES IN 2021/22 (Updated 30 July 2021)
- GV4K7 Conflict and Cooperation: Key Debates