The Hybrid-Flex Approach
The hybrid-flex approach is the product of the programme team’s experience of delivering a world-class urban education programme. It offers participants the choice of attending teaching in-person in London or remotely from their home.
Hybrid-flex is based upon a blended learning approach, which combines high-quality asynchronous learning sessions delivered via the LearnWorlds platform and live sessions which can be attended in-person in London or remotely via Zoom.
The LearnWorlds sessions include video lectures, interviews, texts, real-world data and interactive learning activities which can be completed in your own time ahead of each teaching module. The content of these sessions is then elaborated on during live sessions, providing you with the opportunity to share your own expertise, experience and viewpoints with LSE Faculty, guest speakers and your fellow participants. This approach allows us to leverage the knowledge of academics and experienced urban professionals to address the challenges your city faces.
Hybrid-Flex Key Facts
- Participants will be given the opportunity to choose between in-person or remote teaching ahead of each teaching module.
- Live sessions for all participants will take place from 11.00 to 15.00 (London local time) each day (Monday to Friday) during teaching modules.
- Further collaboration and networking sessions will be scheduled outside of these sessions. Additional in-person networking opportunities will also be provided for participants who choose to attend teaching in London.
- All participants will undertake LearnWorlds sessions in the lead up to each teaching module. These will be released 14 days before the accompanying live session.
- LearnWorlds sessions for each module will take approximately 10 to 15 hours to complete. These are designed to be taken at your own pace and the programme team will provide a deadline for completion so you can organise your time in a way that works for you.
- Between teaching modules there will be group challenges where you will work collaboratively with your fellow participants, LSE Faculty and professional specialists to complete an assessed project.