The Hybrid-Flex Approach
Hybrid-flex is the product of the programme team’s unique experience of delivering a world-class urban education programme at a global scale and is based upon two key principles, blended and flexible learning.
The programme delivers high-quality asynchronous learning materials via the LearnWorlds platform. Each module will have corresponding LearnWorlds sessions, which will include video lectures, interviews, readings, real-world data and interactive learning activities. LearnWorlds sessions for each module will take approximately 10 to 15 hours to complete. These are designed to be completed at your own pace.
The second key principle of Hybrid-Flex offers participants the choice of attending teaching in-person in London or remotely from their home. Programme faculty are specially trained and make use of technology to ensure that all participants, in-person and remote, are seen, heard, and can engage in the classroom.
Live sessions build on the materials participants have engaged with on LearnWorlds, providing you with the opportunity to share your own expertise, experience and viewpoints with LSE Faculty, guest speakers and your fellow participants. This approach allows us to leverage the knowledge of academics and experienced urban professionals to address the challenges your city faces.
Hybrid-Flex Key Facts
- Each Module will have corresponding LearnWorlds sessions, and all participants must undertake LearnWorlds sessions in the lead up to each teaching module.
- LearnWorlds sessions will be released 14 days (as a minimum) before live teaching weeks and the programme team will provide a deadline for completion so you can organise your time in a way that works for you.
- Each module includes one live teaching week, see Programme Overview for dates.
- Live sessions for all participants will take place from 11.00 to 15.00 (London local time) each day (Monday to Friday).
- Participants will be given the opportunity to choose between in-person or remote teaching ahead of each live teaching week.
- Further optional collaboration and networking sessions will be scheduled outside of these sessions.