We encourage applications from students who have the motivation and qualifications to successfully undertake a BSc programme.. Read more about programme qualifications and requirements below.
Please note, you may still be eligible for admission even if you do not meet the following criteria. The Admissions Panel will consider each application on its own merits and assess whether your other credentials or work experience qualify you for entry.
Undergraduate degree qualifications (BSc)
The Online Taught BSc programmes from the University of London consist of the equivalent of 12 full courses when taken through the Standard Route and nine full courses through the Graduate Entry Route. Courses are classified as either 100, 200 or 300-level.
The University of London accepts qualifications from around the world. If your qualifications are not from the United Kingdom, visit the University of London Qualifications for Entrance page to learn more about the requirements for your country.
Standard entry route
To be eligible for the BSc Standard Route (FHEQ Level 6) you must:
- normally be aged 17 or above by the registration deadline*, and
- meet our General Entrance Requirements, and
- demonstrate competence in Mathematics at least equivalent to UK GCSE/GCE O level at Grade C or above**, and
- meet our English language requirement. We may require a test of proficiency in English.
Graduate entry route
If you hold a full first degree and want a flexible way to gain a second degree, you may be able to complete a shorter than usual study programme.
To be eligible for the BSc Graduate Entry Route (FHEQ Level 6) you must:
- Hold an undergraduate or postgraduate degree from an awarding institution acceptable to the University of London (the award must be at least 1 year full time in duration and considered at least comparable in level to a UK bachelor degree), and
- Demonstrate competence in Mathematics at least equivalent to UK GCSE/GCE O level at Grade C or above**, and
- Meet our English language requirement. We may require a test of proficiency in English.
* Applications will be considered from applicants who do not meet the normal minimum age requirement for admission. Each application will be considered on an individual basis, and the decision will be taken at the discretion of the University of London.
** Applicants applying to the BSc Mathematics and Economics or the BSc Data Science and Business Analytics degrees must demonstrate competence in Mathematics at least equivalent to a UK GCE A level at Grade E or above.
For full details on how to meet our entrance requirements, including further information on our General Entrance Requirements, UK GCSE/GCE O level equivalents, UK GCE A level equivalents, and English language requirements, please visit the Online Taught EMFSS programmes admissions page.
If you are ages 21 or older, you may qualify under Reduced/Mature Entry criteria. Work experience may also be taken into consideration if lieu of or in conjunction with academic requirements.
Request information to start working with a dedicated admissions counsellor, who can help answer your questions about tuition fees and explore funding options.
Recognition of prior learning
If you have previously studied similar material to a comparable level and depth, you can apply for recognition of prior learning (RPL) for a limited number of 100-level courses. Please refer to the Online Taught EMFSS Programme Regulations for more information.
Take the next step in your academic career and begin your application
Apply for a degree
Any questions? The admissions team can help answer any questions you have about the Online Taught EMFSS programmes. Fill out this form to receive more support.