Submitting certified copies of qualifications

We are unable to confirm receipt of, or verify, hard-copies of documents that are sent to us by post. We ask that you send all relevant documents electronically.

We will often request officially certified copies of your qualifications as part of your offer. 

We are usually able to verify certain forthcoming qualifications via UCAS (such as summer 2022 IB, A-level, Pre-U, Scottish Higher and Singapore H2 A-level results) provided that your school has arranged for us to receive these via this method.

If we require proof of any previously achieved qualifications, this will be stated on your offer letter, e.g. "Please provide certified documentation of your 2021 Mathematics A-level".

It is vital that we receive official certification of your qualifications. Failure to provide us with these can result in a delay in making your offer unconditional.


When to submit your certified documents

Previously achieved qualifications

Please note that where we know there are previously achieved qualifications we will contact you directly to request verification of these documents.

We should receive official certification of any previously achieved qualifications we have requested as part of your offer as soon as possible and no later than 31 July 2022.

This deadline is the same for 2022 offer holders and for 2023 deferred offer holders.

Forthcoming academic qualifications

We should receive official certification of any qualifications considered as forthcoming (e.g. Summer 2022 A levels) as soon as possible and no later than 7 September 2022. This deadline is the same for 2022 offer holders and for 2023 deferred offer holders.

Please note that if you are an international student we cannot issue your CAS statement until you hold an unconditional offer. 


How to submit your certified documents

We can verify the following academic qualifications via the exam board, provided that you follow the instructions below:

online verification
Qualification Instructions
International  Baccalaureate Contact the IBO and request they release your results to us online
CIE (exam board) qualifications* Provide us with the Centre number and Candidate number listed on your certificate

*Excluding: the Bahamas, Botswana, Brunei, Lesotho, Malaysia, Mauritius, Namibia, and Swaziland (please see below for further guidance).


Documents can also be sent to us by submitting a query via the Undergraduate Admissions Knowledge Base. However, in order for your documents to be accepted, such submissions must:

  • be sent directly by an official at your school/institution;
  • Include a scan/attachment of the certificate/results slip;
  • contain the full name and job title of the official who submits the documents;
  • provide your final and not your provisional results; and
  • include your name and UCAS or LSE ID number.
  • include your date of birth.

In some cases, we may request additional details to verify results.

English language qualifications

If you have an English language condition as part of your offer, you must send official evidence of your English Language qualification by 31 July 2022. You may be able provide us with evidence in the following way:

English LanguageHow to verify with us
CAE/CPE Share results with our institution via your account and inform us by email
CIE (exam board) qualifications* Provide us with the Centre number and Candidate number listed on your certificate
 IELTS Provide us with the TRF number from your certificate
 PTEA Release results to our institution via your account AND provide us with your Score Report Code or Registration ID
 TOEFL Confirm your date of birth AND provide us with your TOEFL appointment number
 TRINITY Provide us with your UER or Trinity ID number

Frequently asked questions

What happens if I cannot provide evidence of my qualifications before the start of term?

If you cannot provide certified evidence of your requested qualification(s), you will not be able to register with the School. If the School finds that the examinations/qualifications you have declared on your UCAS form are inaccurate or you are unable to certify them, the School reserves the right to withdraw the offer or cancel your application. You should contact the Undergraduate Admissions team as soon as possible if you anticipate being unable to meet our deadlines. 

Should we receive results via a source that we would consider as unofficial or unverifiable, we reserve the right to refuse acceptance of the document(s) to fulfil the offer condition. As an alternative, you should take the official results documents to your local British Council to be certified and they must email us directly with the details, ensuring the provide all of the required credentials listed above.

What should I do if my results are not in English?

Documents must be in English or officially translated into English. You will need to obtain a certified original translation which must be officially stamped by the translator. 

This service can usually be provided by your local university, embassy or translation service. Alternatively, see LSE Language Centre translation service.

Please note that it is the responsibility of the applicant to arrange for a translation of their documents. 

The document must still be sent to us, along with the original language version by your school/ institution as mentioned above.