LAHP welcomes applications:
- From ‘home’ and ‘international’ (including EU) applicants (Please refer to ‘International Students‘);
- Across all of LAHP’s subject areas and approaches in the arts & humanities, including for inter-disciplinary and practice-based research (for the open competition);
- From those who have recently completed their Masters’ programmes and those with relevant professional and/or practitioner experience;
- From those wishing to study on a full-time or part-time basis;
- From applicants of all ages and backgrounds.
LAHP will be funding a minimum number of studentships to UK Black and Global Majority students in its open studentship competition for entry in October 2021. Further details will be available soon.
Beyond the stipend and fees’ cover, LAHP supports funded students through its wide research training programme, which includes language courses, introductions to archives and collections workshops, equality, diversity and inclusion training, communication skills training (including public engagement and public speaking), writing retreats, academic and non-academic career development workshops and lectures and workshops on relevant topics.
LAHP funded students are also able to apply for additional funding to allow them to undertake fieldwork, present at conferences, and to take up specialist training beyond the LAHP research training programme.
LAHP also offers placement opportunities with major London cultural and other external partners to enable LAHP funded students to experience a working environment in a different sector from academia, discover new ways of working and new methodologies, and develop their employability skills.
For full details on the LAHP Open studentship competition, please visit https://www.lahp.ac.uk/apply-for-a-studentship/ Please send any queries related to the open competition to firstname.lastname@example.org
For full details on the LAHP Collaborative Doctoral Awards, please visit https://www.lahp.ac.uk/collaborative-doctoral-awards-student-projects-available/ Please send any queries related to the CDA competition to email@example.com
Deadline for both competitions: Friday 5th February 2021 at 17.00