Please complete the form below, specifying which part of the application you are having difficulty with. Fields marked * are mandatory.
Please note that this form is for technical assistance with the application form only - see our contact page for general enquiries. We will not respond to general applicant enquiries submitted via this form.
To identify which browser you are using, please see www.whatismybrowser.com/
We answer all queries in the order they are received, so please be patient and don't send duplicate queries, as they slow down the process for everyone. We publish our current processing times online so that you can see where we are up to. We will of course respond to you as quickly as we can.
You may find it useful to consult our Frequently Asked Questions for applicants in progress.
Please note, if you are contacting us because you have not received the reset password email (or any other expected email from us) or your referee(s) have not received the reference request email, please ensure to check your spam/junk folders in case the email has been filtered out. Some email software sends filtered emails to the ‘Deleted Items’ folder or ‘Bin’, so make sure to check there as well. If you do find the email in any of these folders, please make sure to add the domain @lse.ac.uk to your ‘Safe Senders’ or ‘Never Block’ list. If you are still unable to locate the email, please proceed to complete this form and a member of the LSE Graduate Admissions Team will be in contact soon.
We have found that the cause of many technical support requests is that applicants and/or referees have not located emails sent from our database system. In these cases, our emails have ended up in the recipient’s Junk/Spam/Deleted Items/Bin folder instead of their main inbox.
To avoid this, it is essential that you now add the domain @lse.ac.uk to your ‘Safe Senders’ or ‘Never Block’ list.To this end, you may find the following online guides useful:
If you were expecting but have not received an email from us, please double-check the following email folders: Junk/Spam and Deleted Items/Bin. The emails you receive between starting and submitting your application are sent automatically from our database system. These emails very rarely fail to send as expected, so if you have not received an email, the most likely explanation is that it has ended up in the wrong email folder.
Frequently Asked Questions:
I cannot pay the application assessment fee
- If your payment has been declined, please try a different payment card.
- If you have tried more than one payment method and your payment is still being declined, please complete your payment via the LSE Online Store/eShop instead of via the online application system. Please use this link: https://eshop.lse.ac.uk/product-catalogue/graduate-admissions/applications/graduate-admissions-application-assessment-fee-online-application
- You will need to ‘Register as a New Customer’ to complete your payment via the LSE Online Store. This customer account is not the same as your user account in the online application system.
- The LSE Online Store payment form will ask you to indicate two programme choices. If you have selected only one programme choice in your online application, please enter the programme code of your first-choice programme into both the ‘Choice 1’ and ‘Choice 2’ sections of the LSE Online Store payment form (this means listing your first-choice programme twice).
- Once you have completed your payment, you do not need to log back in to your online application or contact us. Instead, your payment will be reviewed and processed manually by a member of the Graduate Admissions team as soon as possible (this will not happen instantly). Your application will be ‘submitted’ once we have processed your payment. You will receive an email when this happens.
I have paid the application assessment fee but my application is still not ‘submitted’
- If you have received confirmation from Trust Payments/Secure Trading that your payment has been successful, you should expect to wait up to two working days (or slightly longer during the Christmas closure period) for your payment to be reflected in the online application system.
- Once this process is complete, your application will be updated to ‘Submitted’. In the meantime, please do not try to make the payment again, as you may end up being charged twice.
I cannot log in to my application
- If you have an existing user account and cannot remember your password, use the ‘Forgotten Password’ option on the login page. Once you have entered your details, a ‘Password Reset’ email will be sent to you automatically from our database system. Please allow several minutes to receive this email and check your Junk/Spam and Deleted Items/Bin folders if you cannot find it.
I cannot reset my password
- Once you have completed the ‘Forgotten Password’ process via the online application system login page, a ‘Password Reset’ email will be sent to you automatically from our database system.
- If you have not received the ‘Password Reset’ email, please double-check all email folders, including Junk/Spam and Deleted Items/Bin. You can trigger a new ‘Password Reset’ email by following the ‘Forgotten Password’ process again via the application login page. Please allow several minutes to receive this email.
My referee has not received a reference request email
- Please ask your referee to double-check all email folders, including Junk/Spam and Deleted Items/Bin.
- A reference request email is sent to each of your nominated referees automatically from our database system once you have successfully completed the ‘References’ tab of your online application. These emails very rarely fail to send as expected, so if your referee has not received our email, the most likely explanation is that it has ended up in the wrong email folder.
- You can trigger a new reference request email to be sent to your referee by logging back in to your application, going to the ‘References’ tab, clicking on the ‘Actions’ button, and selecting ‘Resend invitation’. You can use this option as many times as you need.
- See here for further guidance on providing references: https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Graduate/Prospective-students/Supporting-documents/How-do-I-supply-references
My referee cannot submit their reference via the online referee portal
- Please ask your referee to access the online referee portal by copying and pasting into their internet browser the plain text URL contained in our reference request email.
- The problem your referee has encountered may be related to an issue which occurs when the online referee portal is accessed via the hyperlink contained in our reference request email. Copying and pasting the plain text URL usually resolves this issue.
- If your referee has already tried accessing the online referee portal by copying and pasting the plain text URL instead of clicking on the hyperlink and the problem they have encountered persists, please see the guidance under the ‘Request references to be submitted by email’ section here: https://www.lse.ac.uk/study-at-lse/Graduate/Prospective-students/Supporting-documents/How-do-I-supply-references
I have submitted my application but some of my information appears to be missing
- Please do not worry about this. If you have been able to submit your application, you have provided all the information we require.
- Due to a known technical issue which we are working to resolve, information can occasionally appear missing when you log back in to your application after submitting. This does not necessarily mean that your information has failed to be stored in our database.
- When your application is processed before being sent to the programme selectors for consideration, it will go through a standard information check. In the unlikely event that we require further information or clarification from you at this point, we will contact you to request this.
I have completed all mandatory sections under one tab, but I cannot proceed to the next tab
- First, click ‘Save and Logout’ to save your answers and exit from your application.
- Now log back in to your application, return to the tab you are trying to complete, check your answers, and click ‘Save and Proceed’ again. This usually resolves the problem.
If you have read through the guidance above and your query/problem is not resolved, you may submit the technical support request form below. Please remember, however, that we will not be able to respond until 4 January 2021 at the earliest.