The Luksic Scholarships for Public Service have been established to support the creation of trained leaders and experts with a public vocation in Chile, based on specific competencies and experiences that allow individuals to generate change in their professional environment.
A total of four scholarships are available. Successful awardees will also receive a stipend to assist with living costs for the duration of their studies.
View a recording of our Luksic Scholarship information session
- Applicants must submit a complete programme application by 12 January 2024.
- Applicants must complete the LSE Graduate Financial Support Application (GFSA) online form by 21 February 2024.
- All applicants will receive a decision by the end of March 2024.
- The Master of Public Administration (MPA)
- The Master of Public Policy (MPP).
- Please note that the MPA in Data Science for Public Policy and double degrees with Columbia University, University of Toronto and Sciences Po are excluded from this scheme. Furthermore, MPA applicants must make clear their commitment to spending both years of their degree at LSE rather than spending the second year at one of the SPP’s dual degree partner institutions.
- Applicants must be ordinarily based in Chile
Applicants must demonstrate
- A commitment to public service in their future career with a compelling rationale for choosing this vocation
- Their potential to become a future expert and leader in their field, and thereby to generate positive change for Chile
- Previous academic excellence, evidenced by grades from previous university study and supported by references from previous professors
Preference may be given to those applicants who can can demonstrate a professional background or other experiences that strongly suggest potential for innovation and original thinking coupled with demonstrated success.
Preference will be given to those applicants who would otherwise lack the financial means to study at the LSE School of Public Policy.
The awarding process will seek to balance applicants from different regional areas of Chile.