The Department of Philosophy, Logic and Scientific Method seeks applications for a one-year LSE Fellow in Philosophy, with the potential to extend subject to funding.
Application Deadline passed. The application period for this postdoc ended on 29 April 2015 by 23.59 GMT
This postdoctoral fellowship provides young scholars with the opportunity to develop their teaching portfolio, but with a course load that provides plenty of time to develop their research in the vibrant atmosphere of LSE Philosophy and the Centre for Philosophy of Natural and Social Sciences.
- Salary: £33,450 – £40,462 p.a. inclusive.
This post is fixed term for 1 year, with the potential to extend subject to funding.
Requirements and Responsibilities
Applicants are required to have:
- A relevant PhD by the time of their appointment (September 2015);
- Excellent written and communication skills;
- Excellent teaching and research abilities.
This year, the department is seeking an experienced candidate to help fill teaching needs in some or all of the following areas.
- introduction to philosophy
- argumentative writing
- philosophy and the behavioural sciences
- 20th century analytical philosophy
The successful candidate will be expected to teach in some of these areas, carry out their research, and take on some minor academic administration duties.
Application and More Information
- Informal enquiries about this post should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Queries about applying on the online system should be directed to email@example.com quoting reference 1458973.
Regrettably, we are unable to accept any applications received after the closing date indicated above.